1. The girls over at Man Repeller are consistently hilarious, and this article about getting older is no exception
2. A quick video from Presidents Choice to prove that you never need to buy salad dressing from a bottle ever again
3. My love of St. Germain is well documented so I will most definitely be trying one of my favourite blogger Mara’s Watermelon Mint Cocktail
4. I absolutely love these Elizabeth and James silk shorts– on sale now!
5. A colleague showed me this Vogue 73 Question Series and it was too awesome not to share
6. I am starting to get very nervous for our big move- but some fun England pinterest pics are helping me stay positive and excited!
Hope you all are having an amazing week and enjoy the link love above. Have you found great articles around the web this week? I’d love to read them!
Happy Friday! This week’s cocktail recipe comes from a good friend of mine. When she suggested we try these out for our nautical themed party last weekend the name alone was all I needed to say yes. Typically the cocktails I make are sweet and fruity so the Dark & Stormy is a great change of pace. It has a lot of spice but is woken up with the right amount of lime. So here is the (very easy) recipe:
1 oz Kracken Black Spiced Rum
Jamaican Style Ginger Beer
Pour your rum over ice cubes in a tall glass. Slice your lime and squeeze in 3/4 of a lime of juice, saving the additional quarter for garnish. Pour you ginger beer to fill the glass, stir and enjoy!
This weekend we are going to head to a Jays game with some old friends, and then head to dinner with other Canadians heading to Cambridge next year who will hopefully become our news friends. Then we just have some family time on Sunday which should be fun as well. Hope you all enjoy the sunshine.
After hearing all about Agua Fresca, spanish for “fresh water” I have been dying to try it. I thought it would be a great way to incorporate the freshness of summer into a cocktail. This recipe is based off of one I found in Food & Drink Magazine which unfortunately is not available online. This one from all recipes is very similar. The premise is to liquify your favourite fruits and blend in ice cold water to achieve a light and totally refreshing cocktail.
Here are some tips for you to make your own:
1. Herbs are powerful so make sure that you use them sparingly, and make sure to save some for a fun garnish
2. Be sure to customize your cocktails by letting everyone choose their favourite liquor and topping up individual glasses with your agua fresca mixture
3. Simple syrup is a great way to add sweetness into the cocktails, and avoid them from being too watery.
Good luck in creating your own- and I hope you all have an amazing weekend. We are going to Art Crawl in Hamilton today, and then hosting friends overnight on Saturday! It’s going to be a busy one. Here’s hoping the rain holds off until Monday.